Despite the enormous strides in recognition and equality — including the Supreme Court’s landmark decision making same-sex marriage the law of the land — the LBGTQ community often does not feel welcome in a Christian church.
This workshop will address these key questions:
- How can a congregation be intentional about welcoming the LGBTQ community?
- What does it mean to be “open and affirming.”
- What tools and resources are available to congregations that wish to promote an atmosphere of welcome and hospitality?
- How can we live out a welcome to all of God’s children?
- How can we learn more about the challenges facing the LGBTQ community?
The fee for this three-hour workshop is $25. Coffee and light snacks will be provided.
About The Rev. Dr. Sue Foster
The Rev. Fosterís Doctor of Ministry thesis ďA Theology of HospitalityĒ reflects her passion for living out Godís welcome, inclusion, and radical hospitality. She serves as the minister of the East Woodstock Congregational (UCC) Church in CT and† as volunteer chaplain for Day Kimball Hospital in Putnam CT and Muddy Brook Fire Department in Woodstock, CT.